Haret el Belaneh
No mention in history about the town despite the existence of two historic churches, one of which dates back to 1880. the churches are frequently visited by the faithful, specially on Virgin Mary is memorial day on the 8th of August every year.
The existence of two churches indicate that the area has been inhabited for a long time specially in the upper parts. The town has since expanded to join its neighboring town Dbayeh where the population is similar in makeup.
- Beit el Shaar and Deik el Mehdi from the east
- Dbayeh to the west
- Zouk Khrab to the north
- Aoukar to the south
The land is from 10 meters to 200 meters, at the highest point, above sea level. Rocky and bushy land with a steep fall and a flat land in the mid west.
Its weather is moderate and dry in the highlands.
Population – 1260
Area – 1,000,000 m²
Average 5 persons per family
100,000 m² construction
880,000 m² rocky and bushy unused land
20,000 m² industrial
Water is supplied from Beirut Water Company and Jal el Dib Company. While electricity supply is from Antelias and Bekfia.
There is one school in Haret el Belaneh, established in 1957, teaching 3 languages, Arabic, English and Armenian. It has 206 students, 40% males and 60% females.
Lady of the Cave Church, a historic church built in the rocks. The VirginLady Church built in 1880 near to a natural grotto.
Dbayeh Aoukar Zouk Khrab Haret el Belaneh